Emerging Exporter Grants provide up to $5,000 to businesses that are new to export and are attending their first business connection, trade show or business mission.
This is a competitive program that is awarded based on the merit of applications. Applicants can receive the grant if they meet all the core program eligibility criteria, additionally; an applicant must also:
- Be new to international export
- Have an annual turnover between $50,000 and $1 million
- Be a registered South Australian business
- Have an ABN and be registered for GST
- Have been actively trading for at least 12 months
- Have a tradeable, export-ready good or service that is made in South Australia (refer to page 13 of the SAEA Program Guidelines)
- Be able to enter into a legally binding funding agreement with the South Australian Government
- Be willing to provide information and data, including financial information as required
- Be able to commit and contribute 1:1 matched funds towards the proposed costs
- Provide at least one set of recent full financial statements prepared in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards, inclusive of but not limited to a Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Statement.
If successful, an Emerging Exporter Grant will only cover eligible costs incurred up to six months prior to, and 12 months following the closing date of the round in which the application is successful.
A new exporter is one that has had no direct international sales in the last five years.
As part of your application you will need to upload:
- An export plan of no more than 15 pages with details of your business export expansion or growth plans, including (but not limited to) a description of your business, your product/service, export market selection, market entry strategy, breakdown of costs, project milestones, and an explanation of how your business will create new jobs and/or increase export revenue
- Most recent set of full financial statements prepared in accordance with Australian Accounting Standards, inclusive of but not limited to a Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Statement
- Projections, budget or cashflow forecast for the next 12 months.