New Zealand is a priority market for the South Australian water sector, particularly in regard to products and services in the following categories:
- Water treatment and production
- Groundwater management
- Irrigation and irrigation management
- Water management information technologies.
DTTI and DEW, are seeking expressions of interest from companies to participate in a targeted Smart Water Mission to New Zealand, aligned with the Water New Zealand Conference & Expo.
This delegation will focus on:
- Identifying specific new business opportunities for South Australian water organisations
- Promoting the South Australian water sector as a trusted partner for future New Zealand water challenges
- Establishing initial connections across business, government and research entities in the New Zealand water sector, to build an ongoing base for enabling future export and trade opportunities.
Who should attend?
Businesses and water organisations that provide niche products and services and can assist with new research collaborations in regards to:
- The reduction of water consumption by agriculture, industry and households
- The treatment of pollutants before discharge, including at source and through decentralised systems
- The treatment of pollutants and management of invasive species downstream
- Monitoring, including communications, analytics, visualisation, drinking water testing
- The provision of biodegradable products (e.g. cleaning) that reduce the need for treatment through wastewater systems
- Treatment and management technologies and systems for trade waste in the manufacturing sector.
Final arrangements have yet to be confirmed. It is likely that the delegation will involve:
- Promotional opportunities for participants at both the Water Expo and with key water organisations and decision-makers
- Formal presentations on South Australian water technologies and management approaches relevant to water challenges in New Zealand
- Water solution roundtables with industry and government organisations
- Business to business matching.
What’s not included?
Delegate airfares, other transport costs, accommodation, meals outside of official activities, convention or registration fees.