Adelaide is the ideal location for life sciences research and investment.
The South Australian Government is targeting health industry investment, focusing on pharmaceuticals, medical devices, clinical trials, nutraceuticals and digital healthcare.
Global health companies are now choosing Adelaide as their destination for research and development, clinical trials, manufacturing, and sales and marketing.
In South Australia, you’ll find:
- Facilities for preclinical and Phase 1, 2 and 3 clinical trials with regulatory approval in an average of six weeks, saving six to nine months
- Automotive and defence experience now applied to medical device manufacturing
- World-class AI and machine learning research centres
- Local expertise in extraction, purification, production, packaging and marketing for nutraceuticals
- Up to 43.5% cashback for clinical trials, analytics, study drug manufacture, and prototype manufacture.
Adelaide is fast developing a reputation as a hub for medical innovation thanks to its diverse ecosystem of health and life science research and development.
Adelaide BioMed City provides the centrepiece of this ecosystem. Located in the city centre, it brings together research, education, clinical care and business development in one location. This includes The South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI) – home to hundreds of researchers, practicing and producing world-leading medical and technological innovation
Adelaide is also home to Tonsley Innovation District. Located only 10 kilometres from the city, this 61-hectare site is dedicated to hi-tech manufacturing and research and development.
The South Australian health and life science ecosystem consists of:
- Hospital and translational research funding
- Incubators, accelerators and co-working spaces
- University technology transfer offices, and
- Offices of national medical and health science organisations.