International Education is committed to growing the number of international student enrolments in South Australia through a range of projects, promotional activities, and industry support services.
Adelaide Engage - Work Experience Network
Adelaide Engage – Work Experience Network (AEWEN) is an international student focused program, bringing student teams and employers together.
The program encourages clients (local businesses, councils, professional associations and not-for-profits) to interact with international students, creating an opportunity for students to improve their confidence, learn about project management, and the Australian work culture.
How the program works
- International students enrolled in South Australian universities act as business consultants to project clients in teams of five or six, across 250 hours of work delivered over a three-week period.
- Clients submit a project brief, and cross disciplinary teams work together to execute the project - providing a fresh perspective on an existing business challenge.
- Projects include market entry research, process improvement analysis, product positioning strategy, social media strategy, customer journey mapping and event planning proposals.
- Students are supported throughout the program by external mentors, as well as a structured learning program accessible via a customised learning app – Practera.
How to get involved
- International students studying at South Australian universities can learn more by contacting the Career Services team at your institution.
- Business clients and mentors wanting to learn more, or register your interest, by contacting the team at Practera at: email@example.com
Hear what our international students and local businesses have to say: