The Emerging Technology Interest Groups program is designed to support South Australian businesses in adopting advanced manufacturing technologies.
These cross-industry business groups meet on a regular basis to discuss technology use within industry, share experiences and collaborate on potential projects. They'll participate in events such as presentations, tours and workshops on the topic.
Supported by leading independent experts from South Australian universities, these groups will help businesses explore key Industry 4.0 technologies, work with peers to understand and overcome implementation challenges, and connect into research and technology providers to solve future challenges.
Five separate groups will be established around (and facilitated by):
- Robotics and automation (Australian Industrial Transformation Institute, Flinders University)
- Virtual and augmented reality (Australian Research Centre for Interactive and Virtual Environments, The University of South Australia)
- Additive manufacturing (3D printing) (Institute for Photonics and Advanced Sensing, The University of Adelaide)
- Data-driven decision making (Advanced Computing Research Centre, The University of South Australia)
- Machine Learning (Australian Institute for Machine Learning, The University of Adelaide)
Membership for South Australian companies and researchers is free.